See comments inline

On 04/10/11 09:33, Kiren Pillay wrote:
Thanks Sergei, I was on the wrong track, but thanks to your testcase I
can see now that I should pass in array variables as:
http://localhost:8080/testMyRest/time?index=1&index=2&index=3

and I was trying to achieve this kind of request (more human/tester friendly)
http://localhost:8080/testMyRest/time?index=1,2,3

Right, see why would one want to get ParameterHandler<List<Integer>> working.

I think

> http://localhost:8080/testMyRest/time?i=1&i=2&i=3

is reasonable too and is generally better supported. Besides, in many cases humans don't type those queries manually, forms/scripts/code does that :-)

One thing you may want to do, if you'd like to support
?index=1,2,3 and List<Integer>, is to get a RequestHandler registered instead which would

get Message.QUERY_STRING from the current CXF Message, such as 'index=1,2,3' and convert it into "index=1&index=2&index=3" and reset on the same Message, it will be computationally very cheap and will
help with avoiding parsing "1,2,3" in the actual application code

One other thing, have a look at
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-advanced-features.html#JAX-RSAdvancedFeatures-FIQLsearchqueries

That feature really needs to get more attention again as IMHO it can become a very useful one...

Cheers, Sergey

Regards
Kiren