Awesome, the change to ByteArrayDataSource removed the NPE.

The funny thing is after we created a DataHandler, the following test was
being done:

if (dataHandler.getContent() == null) {
}

In a JUnit, this worked, but in the deployment of the war this works for PDF
and not TIFF.

I switched it to test the data source existence using if
(dataHandler.getDataSource() == null) and this worked for both TIFF and PDF.

It wasn't a TIFF issue really, it was the ByteArrayDataSource and then the
dataHandler.getContent() test was coming back as null so we didn't add the
DataHandler to the response...that's why it wasn't there.