Well I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Here is
what I have:

    <jaxws:endpoint id="transportSTS"
        implementor="#transportSTSProviderBean"
        address="https://localhost:${port}/SecurityTokenService/Transport";
        wsdlLocation="wsdl/ws-trust-1.4-service.wsdl"
        xmlns:ns1="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/";
        serviceName="ns1:SecurityTokenService"
endpointName="ns1:Transport_Port">
        <jaxws:properties>
            <entry key="ws-security.ut.validator">
                <bean class="abc.def.CustomUsernameTokenValidator" />
            </entry>
        </jaxws:properties>
    </jaxws:endpoint>

But this does not work. In fact when the STSClient calls the STS it
complains about there not being a CallbackHandler. If I add the callback
handler entry back to the properties in the debugger I can see that it is
not touching the CustomUsernameTokenValidator. Perhaps my endpoint
configuration is incorrect? Once again, I'm stuck.