I still use 3.0.4 and haven't tried to build with 3.1.
| heard of one issue with 3.1 with the version of maven-shade-plugin
which we still in use in cxf. So we will need to update this version.
But I suppose you are getting errors somewhere else.

In principle, the cxf build should work behind a firewall assuming
either you have already downloaded artifacts in your local repo or you
have a local nexus access that can access the central repo. One thing
you need to watch out under a typical corporate windows setup is the
virus checker or any intrusion prevention filters that might be
running on your system (like M*fee). Some tests need to open tcp ports
to the localhost and these tests will fail if something is blocking
these calls.

The only issue which I currently have under windows is with the
maven-eclipse-plugin for cxf-systests-databinding and
cxf-systests-codegen. The window's directory path is not correctly
handled somehow. I started to see this problem recently. But this is
only relevant if you run mvn -Psetup.eclipse or later mvn
eclipse:eclipse, etc and it has nothing to do with the normal mvn full
build itself.

regards, aki