Hi
On 14/08/14 08:42, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
On 08/14/2014 09:34 AM, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
Hi,

Hope this clears it up. I will take now a read on the spec and I will
follow up if I spot anything.

I opened up an issue with Resty-GWT at
https://github.com/resty-gwt/resty-gwt/issues/195
I am not an expert but looks like that CXF is per JAX-RS spec and
Resty-GWT isn't.
It's Ok for a given client framework to use a single parameter to convey a JSON array if it chooses so, nothing non-RESTful about it, it's not expected to fit cleanly into a JAX-RS API to do with converting individual parameters.

Does Resty-Gwt requires to have a List<Entity> signature ? Would it work if you replace List<Entity> with
class EntityWrapper {
    List<Entity> entities;
}

If yes, then just introduce it and never look back to this issue again :-), have EntityWrapper in the method signature and have a ParamConverter<EntityWrapper>.

That said, we'd need to make sure CXF is compliant (even though I'd prefer a wrapper any time), I'm honestly hoping 'yes' but my interpretation of how it should work may differ from the formal line.

Can you please subscribe to jaxrs users list and reply to the message I posted yesterday titled "ParamConverter and Collections" with more feedback ?

Cheers, Sergey

Thanks