Hi,

On 08/14/2014 11:49 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
Hi
On 14/08/14 08:42, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
On 08/14/2014 09:34 AM, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
Hi,

Hope this clears it up. I will take now a read on the spec and I will
follow up if I spot anything.

I opened up an issue with Resty-GWT at
https://github.com/resty-gwt/resty-gwt/issues/195
I am not an expert but looks like that CXF is per JAX-RS spec and
Resty-GWT isn't.
It's Ok for a given client framework to use a single parameter to convey
a JSON array if it chooses so, nothing non-RESTful about it, it's not
expected to fit cleanly into a JAX-RS API to do with converting
individual parameters.

Does Resty-Gwt requires to have a List<Entity> signature ? Would it work
if you replace List<Entity> with
class EntityWrapper {
     List<Entity> entities;
}

If yes, then just introduce it and never look back to this issue again
:-), have EntityWrapper in the method signature and have a
ParamConverter<EntityWrapper>.

I believe it would work. However I am reluctant to do it because I am porting (would like to port) a rather biggish API and frankly I think this EntityListWrapper is just pollution of my code base.

That said I will do it if I have to but I 'd just prefer not too.

That said, we'd need to make sure CXF is compliant (even though I'd
prefer a wrapper any time), I'm honestly hoping 'yes' but my
interpretation of how it should work may differ from the formal line.

Can you please subscribe to jaxrs users list and reply to the message I
posted yesterday titled "ParamConverter and Collections" with more
feedback ?

I will give it a try...

--

__________________________________

Vassilis Virvilis Ph.D.
Head of IT
Biovista Inc.

US Offices
2421 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
USA
T: +1.434.971.1141
F: +1.434.971.1144

European Offices
34 Rodopoleos Street
Ellinikon, Athens 16777
GREECE
T: +30.210.9629848
F: +30.210.9647606

www.biovista.com

Biovista is a privately held biotechnology company that finds novel uses for existing drugs, and profiles their side effects using their mechanism of action. Biovista develops its own pipeline of drugs in CNS, oncology, auto-immune and rare diseases. Biovista is collaborating with biopharmaceutical companies on indication expansion and de-risking of their portfolios and with the FDA on adverse event prediction.