Hi,

I have a small JAX-RS application that I'm running through the servlet transport.

I'd like to make the application configurable via init-param settings in the corresponding web.xml file. I would like to keep the code transport-neutral, so wanted to inject properties using the applicationContext.xml spring file.

Prima facie, this should be possible. The CXF servlet transport populates the "contextParameters" bean (using context-param, and init-params setting) and this bean is accessible in spring via SpEL; e.g., #{contextParameters['key']}.

However, this is not working: while context-param values are available, the init-params are not.

A potential complication is that this is currently done with jetty-maven-plugin, which I'm binding to the integration testing phase to allow integration/functional testing as part of the build process.

Ultimately, my goal is to expose configuration options. If init-param is not supported, what is the best way of achieving this?

I think the most important dependencies are:
   spring-context 4.2.4.RELEASE
   spring-web 4.2.4.RELEASE
   cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs 3.1.4

Cheers,