Hi Paul

Sorry for a delay.

I'm not sure I understand, so you'd like to have some context-params and CXFServlet specific init-params set in a given web.xml and make them available to the application context ?

Can you please show some configuration fragments which will help to understand what exactly are you trying to achieve ?

Cheers, Sergey

I have a small JAX-RS application that I'm running through the servlet
transport.

I'd like to make the application configurable via init-param settings in
the corresponding web.xml file.  I would like to keep the code
transport-neutral, so wanted to inject properties using the
applicationContext.xml spring file.

Prima facie, this should be possible.  The CXF servlet transport
populates the "contextParameters" bean (using context-param, and
init-params setting) and this bean is accessible in spring via SpEL;
e.g., #{contextParameters['key']}.

However, this is not working: while context-param values are available,
the init-params are not.

A potential complication is that this is currently done with
jetty-maven-plugin, which I'm binding to the integration testing phase
to allow integration/functional testing as part of the build process.

Ultimately, my goal is to expose configuration options.  If init-param
is not supported, what is the best way of achieving this?

I think the most important dependencies are:
    spring-context 4.2.4.RELEASE
    spring-web 4.2.4.RELEASE
    cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs 3.1.4

Cheers,