I'm not sure how much the ext and the core loggers are out of sync by now to be honest but the one thing I've spotted is that yes the ext loggers will log the binary blobs - while the core interceptors disable it by default,

see 'showBinaryContent' (default is false) - the interceptors will only issue a one line note that it is a binary content.

additionally the core interceptors do support logging the multipart requests by default (see showMultipartContent) because often enough these multiparts have no binary content but it can also be disabled.

Sergey

Can you open some jiras to document the requirements that are not
implemented now?
How should logging the binary contents work? As a switch or should we
simply never log binaries?

Christian