>>> To be precise, wadl grammar already overloaded in wadl2java
>> Becouse i can write <param style="query" name="name" type="tns:SomeType"/>
>> and see in generated interface param with type of SomeType - enum  class
>> generated from xsd
>>

> I'm only aware of param/option
> https://www.w3.org/Submission/wadl/#x3-280002.12.3
>
> being optionally used to generate an enum.
> I guess SourceGenerator code does not enforce that a query param should
> not refer to WADL grammar as opposed to having any specific support for it.
>

>> So i think if someone   finds  work enabling beand validtion annotations
>> worth, i will gladly use this work also.
>> But, again, param validation is not "deal breaker" for wadl2java
>>
>> As I said, doing a gigantic effort so that a query parameter can be bean
> validated seems a bit overboard to me - I definitely have no time to do it.
>
> However, if SourceGenerator does allow refer to WADL grammar types - then
> it means JAX-RS ParamConverterProvider needs to be available to create such
> type at runtime. This generated JAXB bean will have bean validation
> properties. ParamConverter will create a bean and then use
> for ex CXF BeanValidationProvider to call its validateBean
>
> That should work ?

As I know, only xsd:enumeration types are projected to custom class by
default, all other simpleTypes projected to java.lang.String,
hower, if we map some xsd type to java class, then i think this should
work, but there is no such jaxb generator, to do such class generation
automatically, so this is also gigantic effort :)