Hi everybody!

I am developing middleware based on office-systems and would like to know if
there is a method to

1) differ an openoffice--  from a staroffice-installation
2) get the version of this office-system

Something like a 'soffice --version'-command would do the trick but I could
not find anything like that. In Ubuntu there is a OOo-Wrapper which provides
such a command but it is not available on every system. I need something that
works with every OOo/StarOffice-Installation!

Thanks,

Fabian

--
Die bloße, nackte Wahrheit wird für die meisten Unwahrheit; durch ihr
Kleid wird sie wahrer.

Antwort per Email an