[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Greetings,
Hi,
in Feb. 2007 Tim Quinn asked for the syntax used in server.xml to integrate a
custom authenticator, but he referred to v1.01.
In former time apacheds.conf was used, but I wasn't able to g**gle an adaequate
solution for the current version within the last 2 weeks.

Even in digging in the source code of v.1.5.4 there was no hint...

Background: We use in our department a directory service, which was "self made"
and which does not support LDAP. Integrating a custom authenticator might be the solution
to teach our ancient service standard behavour.
Currently, you will have to add some code in the server to support your custom authentication. And you will have to inject this code in the server. It's not _yet_ plugable, but will be soon.

The place to look at is the protocol-ldap subproject, where you have a BindHandler with 5 different authenticator mechanisms, out of which the NTLM ones may be the closest implementation to what you want to do.

Hope it helps ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com