I have just made a fresh install of version 1.5.4 from the deb. I started with a clean partition and then customised it using my collection of ldif's. I am very pleased to report that accessControlEnabled is now working properly on my directory.

However, server startup still does not log this important property and still seems to be logging the wrong value for allowAnonymousAccess.

I would like to run the server under a debugger and try to provide you with a fix for these logging issues. However, I just checked out the source from the trunk and "mvn install" fails because package org.bouncycastle.jce.provider and org.bouncycastle.x509 do not exist... I would have expected your maven pom.xml to resolve these dependencies and load the jar into my local cache. Is this my problem or yours?

Also, I can only find a server.xml in apacheds/server-xml/src/main/resources/. Do I need to change this file when I run the server under my netbeans debugger, or will it still look in /var/lib/default/conf? (i.e. where is the path defined?).

Regards,

Brian