On 10/11/17 22:34, Hamilton, Maria wrote:
> Hello Eloisa,
>
> This is strange. I did do a fresh checkout and tried to compile it with the
> osx-homebrew.cfg but I am getting this error:
>
> checking for M_PI... no
> configure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS.
>
> I added the flag to CPPFLAGS, I even added a new flag
> FDBITSFLAGS="-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 which I found on the internet, but the same
> error persisted.
>
> I am running Cactus on a Mac Laptop, OSX High Sierra and recommended brewed
> packages including gcc 7.2.0
>
> Please let me know how to fix it.

Dear Maria,

if you're following a tutorial (say, the one at
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users),
please open a ticket to report which set of instructions do not work on
your system.

For instance, are you using Simfactory? Where exactly did you modify
CPPFLAGS?

Best,
Eloisa