I was also planning to create another implementation of Pax Web that
made use of Grizzly to implement the Pax Web extensions to HttpService
and people could decide between an jetty or grizzly based
implementation.
@Sahoo, can you point me to the R4.2 Http Service specs? Are they
based on RFC 66 - OSGi Web Container?

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Sahoo <sa...@sun.com> wrote:
> Yes, we plan to support the new R4.2 HTTP service spec in GlassFish v3. It
> will support war files being deployed as OSGi bundles. We already have an
> initial implementation of  existing OSGI/HTTP service in GlassFish v3. The
> basic stuffs are working and I plan to finish it soon.
>
> Sahoo
>
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>
>> There is potentially an update coming in R4.2 to HTTP Service which will
>> support installing WAR files, from what I understand. So, I imagine in the
>> future this will be commonly supported by implementations.
>>
>> -> richard
>>
>> On 03/06/2009 09:43 AM, Stevens Gestin wrote:
>>>
>>> Well ... I'm using Mina, not Grizzly, for our server which is using NIO
>>> also. It's lite and powerfull... There are so many projects and
>>> frameworks
>>> that it's quite difficult to decide which one we can choose.
>>>
>>> We are looking for a powerfull OSGI Http Service. I would like to test
>>> PAX
>>> Web which offers the possibility to deploy war files. I will look at this
>>> one also.
>>>
>>> What we expect to do is: use a Http Service which allow deployment of
>>> WAR.
>>> Start our app console service which will deploy the war. Extends our app
>>> console with service extender pattern.
>>>
>>> Does someone do something similar?
>>>
>>> Stevens

Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open
Participation Software.
http://www.qi4j.org - New Energy for Java - Domain Driven Development.
http://www.codedragons.com - New Energy for Projects - Great People
working on Great Projects at Great Places
Sent from: Cluj-napoca Cj Romania.