Well, don't try to tackle too many things at once... you'll need a
firm understanding of OSGi and JavaFX separately from one another in
order to be really effective.  Maven-vs-ant shouldn't matter too much
at this point, though it does seem like the maven-bundle-plugin (which
uses BND) has been getting a lot of attention and features.

I found I had to be careful in bundling up the JavaFX stuff... if I
took too much, the bundle would start having dependencies on more and
more things, which would in turn require more bundles.  You should be
able to adapt the bundle-instructions I used in maven to make a
similar bundle via ant or BND.  I think we got it to the point where
it only had JRE dependencies.  We also cheated and made a bunch of
things optional imports when they probably weren't entirely, like
applet, javascript, and media support.

It's hard to debug from here as to your problem with bundle 3 (is that
your JFX code, or the runtime?).  Also, if you bundle up javafx, you
shouldn't need framework_systempackages_extra or the jfx stuff in your
startup classpath.

Pat.

--
Defy mediocrity.