Hello felix users,

This is maybe a typical question from a a OSGi newbee.
Presently, I am building an embedded OSGi application with a javaFX
front-end and stumbled on a couple of issues. I hope anyone could help
me with this.

As a starting point of my design, I took the service-based example. I
designed a FelixLauncher class that configures and launches felix. I
implemented the BundleActivator into a javaFX class and I am able to
start the FX bundle - hello world example- after I successfully launch
felix. The javaFX SDK is added to the config map using the
FelixConstants.FRAMEWORK_SYSTEMPACKAGES_EXTRA property.

issue 1: There must be a more intelligent way to add third party
packages, rather than explicitly list them in a comma delimited
manner. It is not bad to do some manual labour, but it set-up is prone
to errors.

issue 2: My hello world fx class does give some proof of concept, but
I need some classloader magic if my more elaborate fx application
start to work. This application has several CustomNodes in different
packages within the same jar that are suddenly unreachable. It throws
a classnotfound exception.

I hope someone can help me to deal with these issues.

Regards,

Eelco Meuter
Wageningen University
Plant Production Systems