Hi all,

I am trying to distribute OSGi-bases Application using Maven. In best case,
when I distribute the application to other people not using Maven or OSGi,
they just should klick a start.bat and the application should start
including the OSGi-Framework.

At the moment, I am using the Maven-Bundle-Plugin to generate the
manifest.mf and the Maven-Assembly-Plugin to package all Bundles to a .zip
including all other resources. The problem is, that I don't know hot to
generate the config.ini and the start.bat. The config.ini is important,
because all necessary bundles should start, when the OSGi-Framework starts.
I read somewhere, that it is possible to do this using the
Maven-Dependency-Plugin, but I just couldn't figure out, how to do this.

I have 3 projects:
- translatorService
- translatorClient
- multiProject  - Project with Dependencies to the Service and Client to
have them in the .zip built by Maven-Assembly-Plugin

A extract from the multiProjects pom.xml
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>de.si.osgi</groupId>
      <artifactId>translatorService</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>de.si.osgi</groupId>
      <artifactId>translatorClient</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

    <plugin>
      <configuration>
        <descriptors>
          <descriptor>assembly.xml</descriptor>
        </descriptors>
      </configuration>
      <executions>
        <execution>
          <id>make-assembly</id>
          <phase>package</phase>
          <goals>
            <goal>attached</goal>
          </goals>
        </execution>
      </executions>
    </plugin>

And a extract from the translatorClient
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <version>1.4.0</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
        <configuration>
          <manifestLocation>${basedir}/META-INF</manifestLocation>
          <instructions>

<Private-Package>${bundle.namespace},${bundle.namespace}.internal</Private-Package>

            <Export-Package>${bundle.namespace}</Export-Package>

<Bundle-Activator>${bundle.namespace}.internal.Activator</Bundle-Activator>
          </instructions>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
          <phase>process-class</phase>
          <goals>
            <goal>manifest</goal>
          </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

How do you manage your OSGi-Applications using Maven?