From: "Justin Edelson" <jus...@justinedelson.com>
To: users@felix.apache.org
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 5:22:43 PM
Subject: Re: Felix maven-bundle-plugin transitive dependency issue

I would highly recommend not using resolution=optional with *

It would be very atypical for *all* imports to truly be optional. When you use
optional imports blindly like this you will inevitably end up with the wrong
class space at some point.

What I generally advise people is this:
1) deal with embedding first.
2) don't use transitive embeds - list all dependencies to be embedded with a
scope of compile and use the scope selector to pick all compile scope
dependencies
3) once embedding is configured, configure the exports (if any) by explicitly
listing the packages and versions
4) finally, iteratively tweak the auto-generated imports

Shamik - I'd suggest you file  bug report with a reproduceable test case.

Justin