Hmm, that is interesting.

When I deploy felix via script, I can observe the creation of a
directory called '-' in the working directory while the script is executing.

Looking at the contents of '-', I find bundleX subdirectories just as is
to be expected from the felix cache. Indeed if i cat the bundle.info
of the bundle with the highest number I can see this corresponds to a
bundle that I installed with gogo.

However, when I run Felix interactively from the shell after having run
the script, it creates a new cache directory with the proper default
name 'felix-cache'. Of course this directory now contains no traces of
what was installed with gogo, it only has the bundles which were copied
into the bundle/ subdirectory.

-> Some issue with the cache directory name when running felix
non-interactively?

Note that I'm running 4.0.1 directly off maven, with no modifications to
config.properties.

Thanks & Best regards,
Sam