I currently see one important case for blueprint.

If you want to use jpa with container managed persistence then blueprint is the only working solution in OSGi I know. As jpa is used a lot in business applications I think this is an important feature. As I generally like DS I would be very interested if there are
similar solutuions for using jpa with DS.

Christian