Aries jpa has some parts that do not require blueprint but the container managed transactions do require it.

What I wanted to express is that the container managed transaction feature is currently missing in DS and that it would be nice to have it. If you compare user transactions and container managed transactions from the user perspective it is a hughe difference in required boiler plate code. It is also much more probable to do exception handling and resource management wrong in user managed mode. So I think this feature make a big difference
if the platform can be considered enterprise ready.

Christian