Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was in the
shower just now haha. Sorry about that.

To rephrase: Is there a connection handler component in the Felix framework
that already handles accepting and losing socket connections which can also
be used to send or are we stuck using our own implementation on top of java
sockets? Does that component already use some form of application layer
protocol to abstract from the streams into information packets?

I want to be able to talk between different nodes (send textual and video
data). Of course I can write my own connection managing software, but I
would expect something like that to already be in Felix. I saw Felix
contains a subproject to handle HTTP servlets, but the client server
architecture of HTTP is not entirely suitable in my case. Both clients need
to be able to start a connection to each other and both clients need to be
able to start the conversation on the established connection.

Hopefully this is a lot clearer to what I am searching for!