Hi
  I am only a user of flex, I have spent 3 years of my time building a app
for a charity, and we have 5-10 year life in the product, what I know,
flex works, it is simple, it works, the good chaps on this list are
investing a lot of there time to give flex a future, yes HTML/CSS/JS is
the elephant in the room, if / when we have quality cross-compiling we
will look back and think adobe giving flex to Apache was the best move ever

We just need to give this project time

Anyway that¹s my 2cents

Scott