Please don't mix multiple thread in a single conversation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elena Geller [mailto:elena.gel...@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 February 2013 14:49
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Future of Flex technology

Not only HTML5.
Openplug guys have done amazing things with a customized version of Flex 3.
Export for iOS (unsubscribed .ipa!!! worked on my iPod2!!! ), Android (from
1.6!! worked on my HTC Legend!!!), Symbian and Co.
The possibilities are great, but it needs time and hard work....

2013/2/28 Shervin Asgari <shervin.asg...@webstep.no>

> If I where you, I would start looking at other technologies. I personally
> do not believe there is any future in Flex when Adobe has dropped support
> of Flash to android, and there is none in the iphone/ipad market.
> Why would you then create a Flex app, that will cross-compile to
> HTML/JS/CSS etc when you can write it your self, and have more control of
> what the output will be?
>
> Actionscript is pretty similar to JS, so the leap wouldn't be difficult at
> all.
>
> Anyways, just my 2 cents.
>

> 2013/2/28 Terry Corbet <tcor...@ix.netcom.com>
>
> > Why is it that you fail to see that each time you advertize your rush to
> > cross-compiling MXML to HTML/CSS/Javascript and never provide status
> > concerning the compilation of MXML to run in the AIR environment you are
> > causing the very anxiety that we all deal with?  You know that your
> > employer is going to stop shipping the old compiler in favor of the new
> > compiler. You know that the Gaming Guru will not let any resource be
> > devoted to having the new compiler successfully compile Flex, i.e. Spark
> > Components.  So, exactly where are we supposed to feel confident that the
> > Apache Flex project will let us maintain 'parity' [your favoirite word]
> in
> > regards to compiling our AIR MXML applications with the new compiler?  I
> > have every reason to believe that you will achieve your objective, which
> is
> > to have the Falcon work let you cross-compile to the environment that you
> > believe has future possibilities, and, as long as one person is on loan
> one
> > day per week, to get MXML compilation working, not much reason whatsoever
> > to believe that on-going developoment of AIR applictions has a future.
> >

> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com>

MASTEK LTD.
In the US, we're called MAJESCOMASTEK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not that of
Mastek Limited, unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited
does not accept any responsibility or liability for it. This e-mail and
attachments (if any) transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged and
solely for the use of the intended person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. This e-mail and its attachments have been
scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It is the responsibility of the
recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments before opening
them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete this e-mail from
desktop and server.