Hi Scott,

as far as I understand:

   - It's the Apache Community, not Adobe, who is developing Falcon. While
   Adobe pays some/most of Apache Flex's main contributors, everything they do
   for Falcon and Flex is open source - waiting for YOUR contribution.
   - MXML compiles to AS via Flex already now. This process amongst others
   is done via Flex. Search for "*keep*-*generated*-*actionscript*=true"
   for more information
   - Falcon will compile/translate AS into HTML+JS, which will work almost
   anywhere - also on iPads.
   - How well Falcon translates AS/MXML I cannot answer - but technically
   there is no reason why it shouldn't allow for 100%
   - There will always be a performance loss on iPad/Android with HTML/JS
   or Air/AS/MXML compared to native apps. Take a look at Haxe Nme if you
   don't like that. Stay with Flex if you want to reduce your initial and
   long-term coding time.
   - MXML has nothing to doe with component libraries - it's just
   a structured (via XML) way of coding mostly UI hierarchies. mx/halo and
   fx/spark components are already pure AS with a bit of Flex lifecycle
   conventions on top.
   - Mostly it's not a developer's decision what to work with, but your
   client's requirement dictating what environment to work in. The only
   problem is they often don't know what's best for them - but think they
   really do. ;-)

So what's my advice? Get to know flex, do some programming. Get to know
AngularJS/DartLang/Closure, do some programming. Get to know iPad/Android
SDK, do some programming. Then compare and evaluate yourself and find out
what's important to you - because only you will ever really know what's
best for yourself, and only after trying it out yourself. The choice is
yours, for better or worse.

Regards
John