The relevant documents are:
[1] http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html
[2] http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/whitepapers/roadmap.html

It is [2] that mentions "five years".

But realize that, to the best of my knowledge, there is no code that will
cause Flash to stop working after some day about 4 years from now.  To do so
would "break the web" and neither Adobe nor the major desktop/laptop OS
vendors are interested in doing that.  It is just that Adobe is not
committing to new versions or taking support calls after that date.  Also,
IMO, if something happens that gives Adobe a reason to extend that date,
they probably would, but I don't really know what that would be.

Meanwhile, Apache Flex is doing the best it can to make sure that Flex has
fewer bugs, supports more locales, etc.  And some of us are even looking
into a next generation of Flex that will let you use MXML and ActionScript
to create apps that run in a browser or on mobile devices without Flash/AIR
so you don't have be quite so concerned about this "five year" commitment.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team