I also tried twice submitting the online form for a 4.7 free upgrade
license without getting an email response.  As suggested here, I just poked
around the my adobe web site, and I found that my request had been approved
and the new serial number.  It was a "case" in the "customer support
portal".  Thanks for the tip.