I have tested a flex app that is quite busy and works nice on both Nexus 7
(old and new) and a tesco hudl. Although they are both 7".

I've also tested on a nexus 10 and it worked well as well. I think nexus 10
are around £250 as a new might be coming out soon. Its got really hight res
though: 1920 × 1080 pixels