Hi Gabriele,
i would suggest you to continue using Apache Flex but adding the Starling
framework and the fathersUI interface.

This software stack will improve your app performance FOR SURE but you have
to consider to re-code at least the view layer (if you developed in MVC
architecture) or the entire app if you don't...

Anyway these are the software we use when performance are an important
requirement for our clients.

Here are the links:
*STARLING*: http://gamua.com/starling/
*FATHERSUI: *http://feathersui.com