On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Swen van Zanten <i...@hdsign.nl> wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> Do you have an example of what the components of android 4.x look like.
> I don't know were to google for... :) All I get is the homescreen of
> android 4.
>
> I would like to help you with this skinning.
> I don't have any android devices so I can't use these as a reference.
> If you can so me what component to make or something like that,
> I will be able to do at least something to help out.

Swen,

I have been using the Android Design portal [1] to study and understand how
things work with Android 4.x.  Also, there are AI and Photoshop stencils
available here [2]

I break up the graphic elements in AI, create symbols for each state of a
UI control, then export everyting to .FXG.  Then, I use the tool I wrote
here [3] to break them into individual FXG files.  Then I bring them into
the skin class like this [4]

I basically copy the existing skin for a component and make the changes
there.  There is a master CSS [5] that you can use to target this new
style.

Here is a progress update:
*Completed:*
ActionBar
Button
ButtonBar
CheckBox
HSlider (Scrubber)
RadioButton
TabViewNavigator
ToggleSwitch
Callout

*In progress:*
CalloutViewNavigaor
CalloutActionBar

*Yet to be started:*
BusyIndicator
DateSpinner
HScrollBar
IconItemRenderer
Image
SkinnableText
SpinnerList
SplitViewNavigator
TextArea
TextInput
View
ViewMenu
ViewScrollBar

I have created a WiKi page to keep track of the progress of the skinning
efforts here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Progress+info+for+Android+4.x+skins

Please feel free to pick one and start working on it.  You can request for
wiki access if you dont have it already.

Let me know how I can help you set up and start contributing this effort.

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://developer.android.com/design/index.html
[2] https://developer.android.com/design/downloads/index.html