On 11/13/2014 2:22 AM, Sascha Ahrend wrote:
If i may ask, from your experience - do you refer to any main functions not
being 100% complete, or is this generally more exotic ones? I checked the
examples and 86 out of 87 went well (maybe there is different versions of the
library).

its been more than 2 years since we changed the design & i don't recall all the details but it was something we used in iText so it was a "main" function for *us*. if i get the time i'll dig thru the repository to see what exactly it was.

And when you say it is slow (i read also other comments telling the same)
does this only adress large scale pdfs with many pages or also other
documents eg including high res DPI images?

in this case it was both but i think it was the images that hurt the most.

I am curious, because i may want to use it inside a web2print scenario.

you should benchmark this yourself. we did & for our use case decided to use iText (in coldfusion) server side.