Hi,

> The Spark Datagrid seems to use a canvas to scroll and is much, much, more
> responsive that the MX Datagrid.

The performance of theMX data grid has had significant improvement to
performance of it in 4.13 over 4.6 you may want to test that first before
moving to the spark datagrid. It will depend on exactly what you are displaying
in it and how many row or columns you have.

> I suspect that in 4.13 you probably shouldn't be using ANY mx
> components

Up to you. Spark has a different skinning model which can be very useful but
that may sometime come at a performance cost.

Justin