Nick responded a couple of days ago.  You are probably not subscribed to
the mailing lists.   Here is his response:

In 4.14, we updated the mobile skins to look closer to the default skins
provided by the OS.  We did include a compiler option that will bring back
the old default.

More information can be found at :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50856172

-Nick