From: Alex Harui [mailto:aha...@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:10 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FlexJS] Integration with bootstrap

On 11/23/15, 6:04 PM, "Saul Diaz" <cripito...@gmail.com> wrote:

>There is any way to integrate with bootstrap/metroUI or a custom CSS?

I think so, and the Flat.swc in FlexJS 0.5.0 is a proof of concept for that,
but not a final implementation.  Bootstrap seems to have its own custom
components.  For example, the Bootstrap RadioButton isn't just an <input
type="radio">.  Instead, it appears to be a composition of elements and a
custom font and some fancy CSS.

FlexJS doesn't have advanced CSS selector handling on the SWF side yet, so I
couldn't just use a Bootstrap CSS theme as-is, but the Flat.swc emulates some
of the Bootstrap widgets via simpler HTML elements and some JS on the JS side
and a similar composition on the SWF side.  You can compare DataBindingTest and
DataBindingTest_Flat to see how such a theme can get used in FlexJS.

The next step would be to implement advanced CSS selectors on the SWF side and
try to use a Bootstrap CSS theme as-is.  It would be great for some volunteers
to step up to do it.  I'll probably get to it eventually, but right now I have
plenty of other tasks to pursue, although feedback on this list helps me set
priorities.

Thanks,
-Alex