One place I get constant Flash and web questions is Quora.com. I might be
the only one answering questions about Flash and Adobe Systems there. If
anyone can help there that'd be great. It's a huge community and while less
technical, it is the place ceo's, users and even software managers are
learning about Flash, Flex, AIR and even Flex JS (you're welcome).

http://www.quora.com.

Here's an older version of Flash Clarification
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYbS1t6FInwqC1luYceYLzXDnQJe3L0DSQFi7KlIa5g/>
guide. It has links to statistics about Flash features, benefits, influence
on history of the web, vulnerabilities compared to other companies, etc.

More recently, I've been realizing without a lot of proof, that the move to
remove plugins is a backlash from HTML5 movement (their lives suck no
surprise so they are seeing Flash as a patch for why browser vendors aren't
upgrading and fixing the web). getting rid of flash would hopefully force
browser vendors to make upgrades where flash was filling in. there's also
some political agenda (getting rid of Flash plugin allows DRM plugins).
It's not about removing plugins anymore as much as it's about controlling
the freedom of speech and access to media (RIAA is behind this).

Twitter is also a place people need to defend Flash. Subscribe to a few
news sites and you'll find them outright lying about plugins. It's
unbelievable.

Companies are still using plugins, just their plugins. And if Apple can get
rid of Flash in the browser it forces users to go to the app store to get
the same thing they got for free now as an app. They are destroying the web
for a money. Greed and fear is a funny terrible thing.

Google, MS, Firefox, Apple and others just see Flash as the leader and
possibly want some of the advertising related income. There's a complete
picture we aren't getting here of course.

Brendan Eich, briefly mentioned on twitter that Adobe went to him to see if
he could get other manufacturers to adobe AS3 in the browser. Imagine how
awesome that would have been. From how I interpreted it he was against it
and discouraged it. Absolutely unbelievable. I'll try and find the thread
if anyone is interested. Anyway, I agree. We HAVE to defend Flash and clean
up the mess some media outlets and companies are spreading.