Hi,

> Just a general question, related to this thread: why are we just assuming
> that a worker implementation should be always faster that a single threaded
> model?

I never stated that workers would improve performance but it likely to help in
this situation. My understanding is that workers are not threads (unlike other
languages) they are heavy handed (IMO) and are instances of the flash player
and have significant overheads. [1] But for a long running process like this it
likely that they will help, assuming there’s sufficent memory and CPU cores. I
did suggested would look at other options to optimises before considering
workers.

> Besides being a more "elegant" solution (at least a more "by the book"), am
> I missing something? Why is everyone so sure that a multithreaded solution
> would run faster, hands down? (keeping "computational fashion" aside :)

Because it's a long running task that seems to be partitioned across multiple
workers it’s likely it will help. Workers will not help in every situation.

Thanks,
Justin