If I create a test case it all works - the skins work fine in all my other
projects.

I've done something to this project that has caused this fault - I was just
looking for some clue as to where the fault might lie. The fault is passed
onto the compiled Release Build as well.

In the particular trace posted before, the error is caused by columnIndex =
-1 as test case FLEX-35028. But the columns array in the DataGrid component
are all set up correctly. And everything works correctly if I use the
default DataGrid skin.

This works fine - whole data grid and all its contents show up :

<s:DataGrid id="dgListings" width="100%" fontSize="12"
requestedRowCount="20" contentBackgroundColor="0xe6aac4"
selectionChange="selectedRowHandler(event)">

This fails - only a blank header row and a blank first row with the correct
background colour show up :

<s:DataGrid id="dgListings" width="100%" fontSize="12"
requestedRowCount="20" contentBackgroundColor="0xe6aac4"
skinClass="com.mainds.ibe.skins.listing.ViewListingsDataGridSkin"
selectionChange="selectedRowHandler(event)">

Adding the custom skin class is the only thing that is changed.

The only clue is the warning messages in the custom skins.

There is no fault of any kind in the stack trace until I click the blank
header row.

Doug