I assume Trevor is looking for a consensus on which style of button to use
which would then lead to styles for checkboxes, sliders, etc.

My preference is the flat buttons: the second row.

How would the over, down, emphasized, focused, and disabled states for
those buttons look?

Thanks for doing this.
‹peter