Hiya,

We have a very large enterprise Flex/Flash application which makes extensive
use of IBM's ILOG Elixir Gantt component.

Since Windows 10 we have, internally, experienced lag when interacting with
the gantt charts so bad it made the application unusable. This was using
IE11 and experienced on only a handful of machines. We noticed that the
problem was not experienced if the application was run under Chrome, so for
machines that had the problem we simply got the users to switch to Chrome.

However, we now have a client where the majority of their machines are
exhibiting the problem. Due to strict internal software policies they cannot
simply swap to using Chrome or another browser.

After investigating this a little bit, on machines with the problem, we
noticed that even when the application was idle the CPU usage for IE was
anywhere from 5% - 30% it would never drop back to 0%.

Hooking up Adobe Scout to the application we found that over a period of 2
seconds, while using a drag and drop operation there were *nearly 9,000
tooltipChanged events fired* and nearly 3,000 uodateChanged events. These
events totalled ~50% of the processing time. In contrast, on a machine
behaving fine, we performed the same operation and only 2 of these events
got fired.

Anyone seen this kind of behaviour in Windows 10/ IE 11? Any ideas on what
we could do?

Personally it seems like a FlashPlayer/IE 11/Windows 10 issue but I don't
really know where to go or what to do to try and resolve this!

Kind Regards,
Darren