It might be memory related.  How much memory is it using?

If it is memory related it might be IE's Enhanced Protection Mode (or lack
there of).  If this is disabled Flash Player will run as a 32 bit process
in IE.  I remember a problem where if the memory was greater than 800MB the
app would start to slow down and eventually crash to a grey screen.

Here's how you can enable it:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/asiatech/2013/12/25/how-internet-explorer-enhanced-protected-mode-epm-is-enabled-under-different-configurations/

Here's how you can check for it via javascript:
function is32BitInternetExplorer() {
return navigator.platform == 'Win32' &&
(window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") > -1 ||
window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Trident") > -1);
}

The approach I took was to warn the user that the browser was running in
32bit mode and gave them the link above to enable EPM to avoid memory
problems.