"I wanted to know if there is any way to embed excel file externally, so
that ppt team do not have dependency on me to build swf with every excel
change."

What you mean to ask is can you load the excel file from disk from the swf
inside of powerpoint.
The answer is yes _but_ the end user of the powerpoint preso needs to grant
privileges on their machine via the Flash Security Settings to the
powerpoint file.
https://linuxforlovers.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/powerpointflash-interaction/

You can also do this programatically via the FlashPlayerTrust
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ActionScript/3.0_ProgrammingAS3/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7c95.html#WS357943C4-11D4-4b2a-ADAD-3B485BF39CBF

I don't think relative paths would work in this local-trusted situation so
you'd have to pass the absolute file system path to the swf when it is
embeded in the powerpoint file via flashvars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSJ6a4Djd0

Also… depending on your powerpoint version… you might need to set the
flashvars via vba because they might not get saved when the powerpoint file
is closed and reopened.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7089619/setting-value-to-flashvars-property-doesnt-work