From: bilbosax

Date: Fri, Jul 7, 2017 3:01 PM

To: users@flex.apache.org;

Subject:Re: Visibility Issue with PopUp Component

Erik, thanks again for your invaluable input.  It really helps and is an
excellent read.  I was not able to get the the StageText phantom text issue
solved last night, but I also did not try using callLater to close the popup
a frame later after deleting the text.  I don't know if restarting my
computer made a difference, but something interesting did happen that is
currently working.  Last night, I was assigning the skinClass directly in
mxml like this:

                <s:TextInput id="cityInput" color="#4F4F4F"
change="cityInputChangeHandler(event)"
skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin"/>

This skinClass did not have the phantom text issue for me, but it did cause
the textInput to enter text in the middle of the component instead of left
justified.  I restarted my computer, and tried assigning the skinClass using
CSS, and voila!, everything is currently working as I need.

                s|TextInput {
                        skinClass:
ClassReference("spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin");
                        fontFamily: "SanFrancisco";
                }

Let me know if there is anything I should know about not using this
particular skinClass over another.

Thanks everyone!!