I have a PopUp that occupies about a third of the screen with several
components in it like a dropdownlist, a textInput, and sliders where a user
can set values that are needed by the program(i haven't included them all in
the example).  Each time the PopUp is loaded, it obtains values from the
last time the PopUp was loaded to populate the components with the previous
values for the user.  The problem that I am having is with the textInput.
The first time that they PopUp is displayed, everything displays perfectly.
I enter a city name like "Indianapolis" into the textInput, and then close
the PopUp.  The next time the PopUp is opened, it should load all the
positions and sizes of the components, then load the values to populate the
components.  But the textInput loads and displays "Indianapolis" to the left
of boundaries of the PopUp momentarily, and then it snaps into its proper
place inside the PopUp borders.  I have tried every workaround that I can
think of which includes setting the initial visibility property of the PopUp
AND the textInput to false, then setting all of the position paramaters,
then loading the component values, and finally turning the visibility of the
PopUp and the textInput back to true.  But for some reason, the textInput
still displays outside of the bounds of the PopUp for just a few frames and
then snaps into place.  None of the other components, sliders or
dropdownlist do this???  Any thoughts???

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:BorderContainer xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009";
                 xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
creationComplete="init(event)"
visible="false">
        <fx:Script>

        </fx:Script>

        <s:Group id="topGroup">

                        <s:TextInput id="cityInput" color="#4F4F4F"
visible="false"/>
                        <s:HSlider id="minPriceSlider" minimum="0" maximum="100"
showDataTip="false" snapInterval="1"
change="minPriceSliderChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:CheckBox id="allCB" label="All"
change="allCBChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:CheckBox id="mfCB" label="Multi Family"
change="CBChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:CheckBox id="sfCB" label="Single Family"
change="CBChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:CheckBox id="coCB" label="Commercial"
change="CBChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:CheckBox id="cndCB" label="Condo/Townhouse"
change="CBChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:CheckBox id="lotCB" label="Lot/Land"
change="CBChangeHandler(event)"/>
                        <s:Label id="mySpacer" text=""/>