There are many ways you could do it.

Try dispatching a custom event, something like "itemCategoriesRecieved,"
from the data manager when the results are returned. In your class that
contains the data grid, listen for that event on your data manager and set
the data provider of the grid in the event handler.

Kyle McKnight
Senior UI Engineer - Accesso
602.515.1444 (M)