Hi Doug,

I'm not sure why but my message has been bounced, so resend.

First of all I'm glad that you are trying to use FlexJS to port your
application. Thank you!

In case of tags and options - In FlexJS there are couple of modules which can
be as a base used to build application.

Option 1:
Module Basic [1] and Express [2]. In Basic you have all components available in
FlexJS - they need to be skinned (by css, Beads etc.). Express baked inside the
components some beads as default.

Example: Basic Container do not have as default Scroller and you will not able
to do the data binding if you will not add "ContainerDataBinding". Container in
Express has both added as default. <js:Application>

Option 2:
MaterialDesignLight module - where with Carlos and many others people we have
wrap all the components from Google MDL light [3] library and add some features
like "dataProvider" to List and ability to use item renderers etc. Using this
component you will have look and fill as presented in [3].
<mdl:Application>

Option 3:
Mixed Basic, Express and MDL - This require some tweaks in CSS, cause there are
components which collide with each other. I think Yishay and Harbs can provide
you more information cause they are using those modules like that in their
apps.

Take a look into the examples [4][5] which we have - build them and see how
everything look like.

Documentation:
Olaf lately started the idea off putting together documentation in nice ordered
way. There are already some information, but it is not finished [6] and there
is our wiki [7].

Lately Alex add to FlexJS support for AMF. Carlos described how to test it on
Dev [8] - it was merged to develop, so it is available in the newest Nightly
Build  - 0.9.0. - I know that you already downloaded it but maybe try to do it
again, since could not be available yet in yours.

I hope this initial information will help you dig into the FlexJS.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/frameworks/projects/Basic/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/html
[2]
https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/frameworks/projects/Express/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/express