To me, the key differentiators of FlexJS is:

1. We consider HTML a rendering engine rather than an authoring language.
2. End-to-end tooling which eliminates a lot of the pain points of web app
development
3. MXML
4. Flexibly interchangeable component sets.

Point #1 can be considered an advantage or a disadvantage depending on your
perspective.

Our sweet spot is single page applications.
We are not a great fit for web sites and multi-page applications.

One area which will give some folks pause is the lack of automated testing.

I think our strongest market at the moment is for migrating applications from
Flash. I would like to see us strengthen our selling points for other devs as
well.

My $0.02,
Harbs