On 9/19/2017 12:00 PM, gkk gb wrote:
Our sweet spot is single page applications.
We are not a great fit for ... multi-page applications.
Can anyone expand on the above comment? Like Flex, isn't FlexJS geared towards
enterprise applications that are fairly complex, where HTML is not a good fit?

 I didn't see a response yet.  I'm not sure what needs expanding.

 Most "HTML5" applications are intended to be single page applications.  that means you reload data from the server and redraw parts of the screen as appropriate without reloading the page.  This is exactly the same type of applications we built with Flex.  They are built on a services based architecture.  So, click a button or link, often a REST service is called, the data is returned and the UI is updated.  Gmail is a good example of this.

 A multi-page application means that everytime you click a link, a new page is loaded.  Each page is like it's own separate application.  Often the server software (Java, .NET, ColdFusion, PHP, whatever) will often make calls directly to the database, turn it into HTML, and return that HTML to the browser. Amazon.com is a good example of a multi-page application.

 They are two fundamentally different paradigms for application development.

 The JQuery framework comes from the multi-page application days, but can be used today to build out single page applications too. Angular, Vue, React, FlexJS, and even Flex are all designed for single page applications.

 All of this is completely independent of the ability of any given framework to build complex Enterprise applications.

 Does that help clarify?

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur