Thanks for the information Erik. Wow, your app sounds seriously legit if you
need to query your data every 20 seconds ;) My app feels expensive enough
because of the amount of data that I am pushing, but yours sounds like it
could have become a money pit if you had not come up with this solution.  I
ended up using Flashlabs Rich Webview ANE because I have to communicate with
Javascript alot and found it not a simple task using StageWebView.

Do you know if it is necessary to reduce your framerate to save battery when
Event.DEACTIVATE is fired, or does Apple/Google suspend the app in a way
that makes this unneccessary??