From: Paulus de B. <w.p.stuur...@knollenstein.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:04 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Keeping user applications up to date in AIR.

Hi Paul,

We actually had the exact same setup in that we had an swf application we
needed to continue using after browsers stopped supporting flash.

What we did for the time being (but works very well): create an AIR application
that uses the flex HTML control to load your swfs like you did in the browser.

Create a WindowedApplication (Flex) with just one control in it:
<controls:HTML id="htmlControl" width="100%" height="100%"
horizontalScrollPolicy="off" verticalScrollPolicy="off" />

On the creationComplete
// Load your web application
htmlControl.location = "https://app...";;

In the end we did add the AIR updating functionality, but only for updating the
AIR app (which rarely happens). The swfs are loaded / reloaded like the were in
the browser.

Cheers

Paulus